- This event has passed.
Get Mapping Bristol’s LGBT+ History!
October 13, 2015 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Mapping LGBT+ Bristol is a collaboration between Bristol University’s Know Your Bristol project, Bristol City Council’s Know Your Place website, and OutStories Bristol. The project will create a permanent digital archive and digital map of the LGBT+ history of Bristol and its surrounds.
Activities will include:
- Gathering the stories of LGBT+ people through oral interviews.
- Research in the Bristol Record Office, libraries and other local archives.
- Collating and storing the digital material we collect and uploading it to websites.
- Creating an online digital map of Bristol’s LGBT+ history using thecollected material
- Creating a custom-made mobile app and a user-friendly interface embedded in OutStories’ own website.
Read more about the project here.
If you would like to get involved in the project, come along to the first of our monthly meetings:
Tuesday 13th October 2015, 5:30pm to 7pm
Room 2.25, University of Bristol Graduate School of Education, 35 Berkeley Square, Bristol, BS8 1JA
The room is wheelchair accessible – on the second floor but there is a lift.